Re: [O] Orgalist notes

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Orgalist notes
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 06:53:13 +0100

On Thursday,  3 May 2018 at 16:21, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> I'm very pleased that orgalist has become its own package! However I'm
>     seeing a few of the same bugs that made the previous orgstruct-mode
>     frustrating, though I'm hoping they will be easier to fix now.
>
>     There's one right there! Spurious indentation of everything after
>     the first line.
>
> Now I'm explicitly deleting indentation, and starting again at the left
>     margin. Another bug seems to appear when making lists: automatic
>     filling starts a new list item, rather than continuing the paragraph
>     of the first item.
>
> - Here's an item, now I'll hit M-RET
> - Very nice
> - Now here's an item that is so long that eventually the auto-fill kicks
> - in and the line wraps. This line is now a new line item, rather than a
> - continuation of the previous list item. So is this line.

Hi Eric,

Interesting.  I see the following:

- here is an item
- and a second from M-RET
- and the third one which is long but will hopefully be auto-filled when
  I type enough.  And, lo and behold, it seems to work just fine.

I find that orgalist works much better than orgstruct-mode ever
did.  The experience you are having is what I used to get with
orgstruct-mode which meant I usually did not enable it.  orgalist is
enabled all the time and I have yet to see any strange behaviour [1].

Hope this helps,

the other eric

Footnotes:
[1]  well, other than me sitting looking blankly at the screen while
     waiting for an email to be sent because I typed C-c C-c and forgot
     that I was sitting in a list when I did so...  orgalist takes over
     that binding when in a list and I keep forgetting!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-591-gee336b