Re: issue tracker?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 17:53:24 +0200

Hi Mario,

Mario Frasca <mario@anche.no> writes:

> while working on my contribution, I'm also reading the code I'm adding
> to, and I am tempted to perform unrelated edits, like correcting a
> docstring to a function that does something, just not quite what the
> docstring says, or refactoring stuff in order to add missing unit
> tests, but that way my patch would not focus on the task of adding
> this small piece of functionality.
>
> it's several unrelated edits, and if we were to do this via email, it
> would cost all of us so much time, that I think I'll better leave it.

It cost time only if we have to discuss your changes.

If you are confident you can get commit access and apply your changes
without discussing them first, then let's just go ahead with giving
you write access.

But in general we do require that people get familiar with the way we
expect contributions before giving write access.

Let us know what would help you contribute more.

Best,

--
 Bastien