Re: Introducing Org-transclusion

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Introducing Org-transclusion
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 22:25:56 +0800

Noboru Ota <me@nobiot.com> writes:

> I cannot follow the exchange there but you might be able to and give me
> advice.  Isn't it realted to a development branch or some working commit
> of Org?
>
> I use the 9.5 release from ELPA, which I believe is what people call a
> stable version?

The problem is on development version. It is related to latest changes
to org-element-cache (previously, cache would fail terribly instead of
showing the warning). Org must keep track of changes in buffer to
maintain element cache. org-transclusion uses with-silent-modifications
macro, which prevents org-element-cache from working properly. I
recommend dropping with-silent-modifications or at least using
combine-after-change-calls.

Best,
Ihor