Re: asterisk allowed for list items

From: c . buhtz
Subject: Re: asterisk allowed for list items
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:17:24 +0000

I need to add something here and think the syntax description should be updated about that.

A "*" is allowed or recognized as a list item instead as a head only if there is one (or maybe more) whitespace space in front of it.

But "-" and "+" also recognized as starts for list items without any trailing whitespace in front of them.

Sidenote: As someone who writes software that parse org-content I would suggest to make the whitespace in front of a list item mandatory even for "-" and "+". It would reduce code complexity.