Re: org-fstree.el overview over directories (but no comments are possibl

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: org-fstree.el overview over directories (but no comments are possible)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 19:04:11 +0000

Uwe Brauer writes:

> I have a file called bio-hoja4%ftag_EDO Uwe.pdf
>
> I use helm-locate and type %ftag_
> but I receive nothing found see the screenshot.
>

>  helm-min
>
> And typing %ftag  also does not work,
>
> What do I miss?

Ah, sorry, I thought you used helm-locate before. helm-locate depends on
the GNU/Linux 'locate' program. You have to install it. I don't know
what distro you use, but the package is usually called mlocate or
plocate (these are two different implementations of locate). I have
mlocate installed on Arch Linux. According to the Arch wiki:

------------
- mlocate (Merging Locate) is a more secure version of the locate utility,
that only shows files accessible to the user.

- plocate (Posting Locate) is a locate based on posting lists, consuming
mlocates database ahead-of-time and making a much faster (and smaller)
index out of it.

Generally, when you install locate it is automatically configured so
that the database is updated every time you start a session. If you want
to update it in the middle of a session, you must execute the updatedb
command with sudo in the terminal.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel