Re: How to disable completely org-persist

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to disable completely org-persist
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 03:33:08 +0000

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I too would like a means to disable org-persist. I don't doubt it may be
> useful for those users with "large" org files with multiply src-blocks,
> etc., etc., but, for me, I have not found any improvement in
> performance. As remarked by the OP, the feature should not be
> default-enabled.

Note that org-persist is not only used to cache parser data for large
files. For example, exported online images are also cached instead of
being downloaded on every export. Other things may also be cached in
future.

Normally, org-persist stores the data in $XDG_CACHE_HOME. It only falls
back to .emacs.d when cache directory does not exist. One can also
customize the value manually.

That being said, it should not be a big deal to allow disabling
org-persist when desired. In fact, org-persist is already auto-disabled
when using emacs -Q. I can add a user switch on top.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,