Re: Recommended way to work on main without upgrading Org?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Recommended way to work on main without upgrading Org?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 17:15:51 +0700

On 22/12/2022 11:52, Karthik Chikmagalur wrote:
or with the new --init-directory flag

I can not believe in it. A year ago after reading

https://debbugs.gnu.org/15539
24.3; setting user-emacs-directory at command line invocation
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 13:06:33 +0200
So I think the conclusion to this long thread was that we don't want to
add a specific switch for this, and instead people can say
"XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/whatever emacs" when they want to change these paths.
So I'm closing this bug report.

I decided it would never happen. Now I have found

https://debbugs.gnu.org/16242
24.3; wish: set init directory (.emacs.d) by commandline flag for easy custom environments

It makes managing of independent emacs sessions much more convenient. Common part of configuration may be loaded from all init files.