Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 10:51:12 +1100

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> Aloha Tim,
>
>> UTC is a time zone - just one where offset is +0000
>
> UTC is absolute time.  It lacks the spatial component that defines a time
> zone.

Really? I would have thought the prime meridian was the spacial
component for UTC? I thought the full long time zone name was Etc/UTC
and UTC as the abbreviation.

Regardless, in all the libraries I've used, you can use Etc/UTC or UTC
in exactly the same way you would use something like Australia/Sydney or
AEST. So perhaps, from a pedantic standpoint, it is not a time zone, but
for all intent and purpose in this discussion, I feel that point is
irrelevant.