Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-ag

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 23:27:15 +0700

On 18/01/2023 23:20, Jean Louis wrote:
Is there any program, software, system, that is really so good with
time, apart from PostgreSQL database that I know with 1195 defined
time zones?
                   name                  | abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
  NZ                                     | NZDT   | 13:00:00   | t
  GB-Eire                                | GMT    | 00:00:00   | f

What conclusion should we make looking at this long table? I am unsure concerning difference from content of tzdata package (IANA or Olson DB) that is rather standard on Linux. Emacs uses it though libc (API has some limitations, but conversion from UTC to local time should be accurate). Various programming languages have libraries to use this database.

https://www.iana.org/time-zones

I can not say anything concerning Windows besides that I have seen tables for mapping of tzids to IANA timezones.