Re: [emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:12:51 +0800

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

   I think the playlist buffer is hidden by default because it shouldn't
   interfer with your work.

There are already many similar buffers, like *Messages*, *Shell Command
Output*, etc. But I've hardly seen a second buffer named by staring a
space.

   Are you crazy?!? F3 is `kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter', one of
   the most useful keys ever! ;-)

Hmm, Does it diff much from C-x (, C-x ) and C-x e ? If an edit command
is very useful for me, i would never bind it to F* keys(they are too
far).

Actually, i've nearly rebinded all F* keys(F1 - F12, except F1), for
switching to emms playlist, gnus, w3m, calendar, bbdb, wajig,
...etc. ;-)

   But I like the idea of emms being a shorthand for e-p-m-g, but because
   that's probably the first function a new user will try out, it would be
   good if it opened the playlist buffer plus a message buffer where the
   functions and keys to add tracks into it are listed. If there's an
   non-empty playlist buffer that can be omitted of course.

Yes, i thought of that too. Maybe we can make `emms' a combination of
`emms-add-file'(when playlist is empty) and `emms-playlist-mode-go'(when
playlist is not empty). Thus, for an emms newbie, he can simply call
`emms'.

--
William