[emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:22:42 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

>    The function name 'emms-playlist-mode-go' is an artifact of the
>    Emacs namespace. I don't really understand what the difference is
>    between us shortening it, and a user binding it to a shortcut key
>    (which is what I do, and what I think that others do as well). I
>    think that the choice of shortcut should be an end-user thing.
>
> I think we were really concentrating on providing a more user-friendly
> entry function.

Exactly. If a user installs a new emacs package, the first thing he'll
try out is `M-x <package-name>'. So it's a good thing to have a function
`emms' which prompts for a music file or directory and switches to the
playlist.

Another possibility would be that `M-x emms' openes the emms info page
and disables all commands and keys like `switch-buffer' until he
finishes reading followed by a final emms user exam. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris doesn't play god. Playing is for children.