[emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:20:51 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lucas,

> I feel like I'm the only one bitching about this, right now; what do
> the other EMMS developers think?

I vote for v3 or later since v3 ensures more freedom to the users.

The only "freedom" it takes away is the freedom to release it under v2,
but I don't see any problem for users.

The argument you gave is something that's normally propagated by
projects using BSD-style licenses. They say that they offer more freedom
to the user, because their license is not "viral" like the GPL. But
that's exactly what ensures freedom to the users in the long run.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
An anagram for Walker Texas Ranger  is KARATE WRANGLER SEX. I don't know
what that is, but it sounds AWESOME.