Re: No next track in playlist

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: No next track in playlist
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 21:01:04 +0100

Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>> This is making me crazy! :-)
>>
>> Emms played just fine 2 days ago, and then since yesterday I am getting
>> "No next track in playlist" for any folder I try to play.
>
> What you are describing is what happens when Emms fails to call the
> player. What you are seeing is a processing trying to be started,
> failing, and then moving on to the next track.
Yes I understood that part, but Emacs can start mpv, no problems. I can
run it either from Dired or from minibuffer (via shell). I am not sure
what is difference. Does Emms go via shell, or uses process control
built into Emacs? Must be path right?

> I would recommend starting with a simplified mpv player setup to see if
> that works, and similarly to try and set vlc, mplayer or similar as the
> only player instead to see if those get executed and play correctly.

> Certainly nothing has changed on the Emms side (listening to a radio
> stream with mpv via Emms as I type this.)
I understand that too :). Didn't thought it was, but I don't understand
what changed. I did rebuild Emacs; maybe something else in my config.

I am listening to mpv too as I write this (but via dired :-)).