Re: emms-time-display-style

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: emms-time-display-style
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 14:53:20 -0400

"6ausoft@gmail.com" <6ausoft@gmail.com> writes:

> After adding to config those lines:
>
> (emms-cache 1)
> (setq emms-info-functions '(emms-info-native))
>
> it looks like this:
>
> [cid]
>

> M-x emms-show-all     gives:
>
> [cid]
>

> I also installed exiftool, actually  "apt install exiftool" installed
> libimage-exiftool-perl  (I'm on Debian testing)
>
> And the time counter stays unchanged - no negative countdown despite
> 'downtime' style enabled.
>
> regards!
>

> On 14.10.2022 00:31, Yoni Rabkin wrote:
>
>     "6ausoft@gmail.com" <6ausoft@gmail.com> writes:
>

>         Thank you for prompt response!
>
>         I tried on 3 different machines and different emacs distributions to
>         no avail.
>
>         I tried gnu, melpa, git emms package - every time I get only counter
>         progressing as if the variable "Emms Playing Time Display Short P"
>         was set, but it is not.
>
>         I don't even get the counter of a style like "01:23 / 05:48" but only
>         "01:23"
>
>         [cid]
>                       >
>         Here's screen:
>
>         Playing time style is set to "downtime" but the counter format stays
>         the same ( "01:23")  or in the case above ("00:09")
>
>         [cid]
>
>         Any advice?
>
>         regards!
>
>         On 12.10.2022 22:38, Yoni Rabkin wrote:
>
>             "6ausoft@gmail.com" <6ausoft@gmail.com> writes:
>

>                 Hallo!
>
>                 I've been struggling for a while with getting the proper time
> display
>                 in emms and what I'm always getting is simply track time
> counter
>                 progressing (eg."01:20") not even the style of "01:30/4:20".
> Tried
>                 customize-group emms and setting the "downtime" value but it
> didn't
>                 work as didn't "bar" option.
>
>                 Tried spacemacs, doom emacs, vanilla - for no success.
>
>                 What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>                 My emms config is like this:
>
>                 (add-to-list 'load-path (concat user-emacs-directory
> "emms-git/"))
>                 (load "emms")
>
>             Emms is distributed via ELPA. I would warmly recommend installing
> it via
>             "M-x list-packages"
>
>             We try to keep the Savannah git repo clean, but that is where
>             development happens. If you use Emms from there you will
> occasionally
>             have stuff broken (unless you pull only from the latest tag.) If
> you
>             aren't doing Emms development, I would recommend installing and
> updating
>             Emms as an ELPA package instead.
>
>             All that said, this shouldn't be where your issue is. A playing
> timer
>             should appear if your setup is as simple as:
>
>             "(emms-all)
> [...]

If you are on a track in the playlist, and you evaluate:
(emms-playlist-track-at (point))

Do you see an `info-playing-time' in the output association list?

Is this the same if you reset the cache (emms-cache-reset), re-load the
tracks?

I also assume that this happens with all different albums and tracks,
and not those specific files?

P.S. Please bottom-post.