fab-user

[Fab-user] How important is making fabric parallel to everyone else?

From: Matthew Wilson
Subject: [Fab-user] How important is making fabric parallel to everyone else?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:43:06 -0400

I was surprised when I saw how fabric iterated through all the hosts
in sequence rather than in parallel.  For more than a few boxes and
for a fairly long set of tasks, my upgrades are going to take a long
time.

Am I alone here?

I've got some vague ideas about how to use subprocess or
multiprocessing to add parallel work to fabric.  Anyone already
working on this?  Maybe we could get some of this part figured out
ahead of time.

Matt

--
Matthew Wilson