fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Parmiko issues write() argument errors - unsure how to ge

From: Alan Hawrylyshen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Parmiko issues write() argument errors - unsure how to get around this.
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:12:29 -0700

On Jul 21, 2009, at 07:16 , Jeff Forcier wrote:

env.user = [ 'deploy' ]

I think that's your problem -- env.user should be a string and not a
list, and indeed, this is what paramiko is complaining about :)
[snip]

Let me know if that was it!

Ugh! Indeed that was it. Don't I feel silly. Wonderful news though - now I can continue using fabric. :-) Thanks to all - I think I suffered from 'too many new tools in too short a time'. Looking back, the error is painfully obvious. The trouble is; I copied this from an online example somewhere, so I should likely try to find the source material and lobby to have it corrected too.

Again, thanks for Jeff and Alex for the accurate and helpful suggestions.

Best wishes,

Alan

--
Alan Hawrylyshen