fab-user

[Fab-user] Convention for non-task functions?

From: Nick Welch
Subject: [Fab-user] Convention for non-task functions?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:54:33 -0700

I have some utility functions in my fabfile that get used by various
tasks.  The problem is that they're also interpreted as tasks and
clutter up 'fab list'.  I tried naming them with a leading underscore,
but then I get a NameError claiming that the functions don't even exist.

So for now, I've put this ugly "do_" prefix on them.  And of course,
they still show up in 'fab list'.  Is there some better way?  Or would I
have to make my own little utility module and pull these functions out
of the fabfile altogether?