fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:25:57 -0700

(CCing the list for posterity, hope you don't mind...)

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Lee Connell <address@hidden> wrote:
> haha, you know I read it AFTER i posted this :) Sorry, got ahead of
> myself.  The nohup example seems to work, i was interested in getting
> dtach to work so i could reattach to it later.  I am using dtach -c
> /tmp/myapp -z myscript.py but it still hangs.

Unfortunately dtach is one of the related tools I personally have no
experience with :( All I can say is the core thing is that the process
needs all its pipes directed away from the shell/pty before the
wrapping shell session can close cleanly.

Not sure why dtach isn't doing it correctly for you, it's listed in
the FAQ because other users have reported success using it --
hopefully one of them will see this and have an idea.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier