fab-user

[Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return

From: Lee Connell
Subject: [Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 18:51:06 -0400

i want to deploy a python project and then run it, i.e:

"python myapp.py" which happens to be a bottle project.  fabric just
waits for that process, if I do a "nohup python myapp.py > server.log
&" it continues but doesn't keep the process running, if i do a "nohup
python myapp.py > server.log" it still hangs on that process.

How do I tell fabric to run the process in the background and continue?