fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return

From: Lee Connell
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] running a process that doesn't return
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:57:21 -0400

Jeff, i am using an init script to start and stop my python program.
I setup my python app to redirect stdout to a log file, this works
fine when i run the python app directly.  when i execute the app from
a bash script it does not get redirected to my log file, why would
that be? even if I don't use start-stop-daemon and just run it like
this: /app/python/pyrest.py & it doesn't work

DAEMON=/app/python/pyrest.py
APP_OPTS=''
APP_PID=/app/python/pyrest.pid
APP_CWD=/app/python
APP_PROC=pyrest

case "$1" in
    start)
        echo "Starting server"
        start-stop-daemon --start --background --chdir $APP_CWD
--pidfile $APP_PID --make-pidfile --exec $DAEMON -- $APP_OPTS
        ;;
    stop)
        echo "Stopping server"
        start-stop-daemon --stop --oknodo --quiet --pidfile $APP_PID
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/server {start|stop}"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

exit 0