fencepost-users

Re: [Fencepost-users] GNU Texinfo upgrade

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Fencepost-users] GNU Texinfo upgrade
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 23:39:29 GMT

Hi Bruno,

It's unusual that the gsrc instantation on fencepost hasn't been
updated.  Brandon is usually pretty proactive in keeping that going, but
he is in the middle of moving house right now.  I'll fwd him your
message.

I am not sure I have all the permissions/processes to update it myself,
therefore I would suggest simply doing it from original source until
Brandon is back.  I can't say I actually tried texinfo-5.2 on fencepost
specifically, but hopefully something like
  configure --prefix=$HOME/txi && make && make install
will just work.

Best,
Karl