fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:07:09 +0300

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
Jena returns just an arbitrary one of the matching triples in a similar situation; I'm leaning towards that.

I'd *really* hate that one -- I'd prefer swamp to have totally clear
semantics, with the only arbitrary thing being the order in which a set
is iterated through.

Hmm. Any ideas, then? Maybe remove ``getObject()`` etc.?

Still throw an error, I think. Since the error has the info on what
tuple wasn't unique, there's a good opportunity to fix the problem.

Will *anybody* write correct code for handling this in the case that the two triples (or more) are equivalent? I.e., just do what would be done if any of the three triples were there individually, and get on? How would a code example of this work?

Can you provide a code example using this?

- Benja