[fluid-dev] Clearing an individual channel

From: ametts2
Subject: [fluid-dev] Clearing an individual channel
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:59:38 -0400 (GMT)

Please pardon the newbie question, but how do I set a channel to a "null" patch
-- or otherwise prevent it from sounding?

I understand how to select instruments and presets from Soundfonts, but
sometimes I want to bring in a different software synth for say, MIDI channel
#7 -- and tell FluidSynth to stop making noise on that channel.  Can I do this
with the PROG or SELECT syntax?

Hey, while I'm asking newbie questions...

Where to reverb presets come from?  I see a facility to choose them, but
nothing to list or create them.  And am I correct in assuming that the reverb
and chorus settings apply to *all* channels?

Thanks in advance...

Allan Metts