[fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth on mac OS X

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth on mac OS X
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:58:04 -0800

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 12:16, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:

> You're thinking of adding an oscilloscope window?

Actually, just capturing the output from FluidSynth via Jack using
another application such as ardour would be sufficient. If you didn't
already know what Jack is, it essentially allows you to route audio
between applications.

> Thanks for the feedback.
> Ebrahim

You're welcome. I'm reminded that probably not too many people know what
a modulator is, or even how to create them with Swami. Even more unknown
is probably the global modulator feature. I don't see how I could live
without this feature when playing music with FluidSynth. Having the
volume envelope, filter, LFO and modulation envelope all in front of you
with nice little knobs, and hooking up the expression pedal to the
filter cutoff is quite fun :)  I'm also reminded that I have kind of let
Swami 0.9.x suffer from bit rot.  I got lost in the development version
of Swami, which will be really cool, but date of usability is still
unknown.  I've been thinking of returning to cleaning up a few things
with 0.9.x, since it is still a little rough around the edges.
        Regards,
        Josh Green