Re: [fluid-dev] replace ladcca with lash

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] replace ladcca with lash
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:25:36 -0800

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 12:18 +0100, Frieder Bürzele wrote:
> Josh Green wrote:
> > Today I've been working on splitting off the LASH code into separate
> > source files (fluid_lash.c/fluid_lash.h) and providing support for both
> > LADCCA and LASH.  LASH will override LADCCA if both are detected at
> > configure time.  The FluidSynth settings options will be the same for
> > both, that is "lash.enable" for example.  Does this sound good?  I've
> > never used LASH with FluidSynth, does it provide a fairly restore-able
> > session experience currently?  I'd like to add support for this to Swami
> > at some point.  Best regards,
> >     Josh Green
> >

> yes this sounds good.
> Basically the restore works fine, but if set a connection with qjackctl
> from fluidsynth to alsa_pcm in jack it won't be restored, only if I had
> started fluidsynth with  --connect-jack-outputs
>
> Greetings
> Frieder

Hmm, I would think it should work though as far as restoring the
connection.  I just recently read up on LASH so I'm still a bit rusty.
But from my understanding, when a session is restarted, the LASH server
will pass special command line arguments to FluidSynth, which get
intercepted by the lash_extract_args.  This allows LASH to match any
created Jack ports and connect them accordingly.  At least that was how
I understood it (I could be way off, didn't get too much in depth into
the API).  So I'm wondering why it doesn't work if
--connect-jack-outputs isn't specified.  I'm planning on setting up LASH
at some point soon to test it.  Maybe I'll find something.
        Josh Green