Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_event_noteon() on channel 9 under winxp

From: Stephen Grant
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_event_noteon() on channel 9 under winxp
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:05:30 -0500

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was trying to get an open cymbal
sound and none of them worked.  Now I am no longe surer the problem is
fluidsynth!.
The problem is in all the open cymbal sounds using. fluid_event_noteon() and
MIDI drumkit #'s 44,46,49,51,52,53,55,57. (on ch 9)
When I use the default font (CT4MGM.sf2) the sounds are correct. When I use
SONiVOX.sf2 (258 mb) they are not. (they all sound like  a closed high hat).
However, when I play these instruments using the large sound font and the
Creative Sound Font Bank manager they sound correctly. To do this test I am
using a minimal version of the sequencer example in the Developer
Documentation ( http://www.toncat.de/fluidsynth/.) All other instruments and
MIDI drumkit
instruments are fine.

Original Message ----- From: "Josh Green" <address@hidden>