Re: [fluid-dev] scaleTuning fix

From: Mihail Zenkov
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] scaleTuning fix
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:10:36 +0200

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:47:03 +0000
Josh Green <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 23:30 +0200, Mihail Zenkov wrote:
> > This patch fix case when scaleTuning == 0 (in SF21, page 47 -
> > scaleTuning). Yamaha Konzert Piano.sf2 (from p2p) have this case.
> >

> Hello Mihail,
>
> That does indeed look like a synthesis bug.  I haven't yet applied this
> though, since I think it might be better to set the GEN_PITCH generator
> to the root note (instead of 0) in
> fluid_voice_calculate_runtime_synthesis_parameters() when the value of
> GEN_SCALETUNE is 0.  That would perhaps remove the need to check this in
> fluid_voice_write() and it isn't a real-time parameter.

It was first what i do, but voice->root_pitch inits after
fluid_voice_calculate_runtime_synthesis_parameters(). In any case i
agree with you - we need better way to do this. I also have hard to
reproduce bug associate with pitch - i can't reproduce it on my
machine, but can on another. When i have time i try review
fluid_voice.c and fix it.

P.S. I very dislike cvs, if none are against, can fluidsynth migrate to
svn?