[fluid-dev] some notes of Cadenza.sf2 don't sound right

From: oxi
Subject: [fluid-dev] some notes of Cadenza.sf2 don't sound right
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:50:47 +0100

Hello,

I have checked this in other sf2 samplers for windows and there they sound
right. In FluidSynth 1.0.7 some notes of the grand piano of Cadenza don't
sound right; I also noticed this with other sf2 which I can't remember.

You can download Cadenza from
http://www.sf2midi.com/index.php?page=sdet&id=7606 , if you have the
patience, because it's about 50Mb and the server too slow. I'm not aware of
it's distribution policies (and hope it's not wrong to distribute myself),
but if you want me to upload it elsewhere, just ask.

The notes that don't sound right are at least these:
B0, D1, D4, B4, D5, B5, B7

They sound with a higher pitch, and if the note played is long enough, it
continues echoing in different pitches.

Maybe this is a "bug" with the internal format of the Cadenza file, but since
it works good in other sf2 samplers, I thought I'd just report.

Regards,
oxi