Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:20:14 -0700

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:
On Friday, October 23, 2009, address@hidden wrote:
I wonder what is causing the extra CPU usage on your system?

Nothing. The CPU usage is more or less the same for 1.0.9 and 1.1.0 in my test
system. I've reported differences in the *DSP load*, which is a totally
different thing.

Regards,
Pedro

I'm confused then. How are you measuring the DSP load? I know FluidSynth has an internal load calculation and related API for reading the value. Are you referring to that? Any tips would be appreciated on replicating your test and measurements :)

Josh