Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:59:11 -0700

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:

Sorry, my mistake. I was compiling 1.1.0 in debug mode, comparing it with an
optimized 1.0.9 build. After disabling debug, the results are pretty much the
same as yours. I've repeated the tests in two test machines and here are the
plots, using the same song and SoundFont:

http://plcl.users.sourceforge.net/fluid/AMDK7-FluidSynth-AutumLeaves.png
test machine: AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Speed: 2 GHz
with jackdmp 1.9.2

http://plcl.users.sourceforge.net/fluid/Core2-FluidSynth-AutumLeaves.png
test machine: Intel Core2Duo T7200 Speed: 2 GHz
with jackd 0.109.2

Good to hear! Thanks for doing the testing, its nice to have some more metrics to back it up. I wasn't real sure how the performance compared between 1.0.9 and 1.1.0, so its nice to have some more confidence that it didn't get worse.

Regards,
Pedro

Regards,
Josh