Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] High DSP load
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:22:21 +0200

On Friday, October 23, 2009, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm not noticing much of a difference between the 2 versions on my
> system though, in regards to the DSP usage (as seen in qjackctl).  Its
> not more than 3% or 4% on my system, maybe less.  It seems like the
> spikes are even worse with the 1.0.9 version, but its hard to tell
> with this method.  It would be nice to have a command line application
> that would print the load on regular intervals so that better metrics
> could be calculated.  Do you know of any such program?  It would
> probably be trivial to write one.

What about adding a call to jack_cpu_load() in fluid_jack.c, and logging the
results?

> Could you try this?
> #define fluid_synth_is_synth_thread(_s)     TRUE
> #define fluid_synth_should_queue(_s)   FALSE

Very little difference, if any at all.

I've also tested 1.1.0 in another system right now, with very similar results.
The first test machine is an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Speed: 2 GHz
The second test machine is an Intel Core2Duo T7200 Speed: 2 GHz

Regards,
Pedro