Re: [fluid-dev] Pending FluidSynth 1.1.0 release

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Pending FluidSynth 1.1.0 release
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:51:48 -0700

Hello Pedro,

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2009, address@hidden wrote:
It seems like along with this next release, it should be pretty simple
to package up a Windows binary .zip file.  This would include all the
required libraries.  Anyone know how to make a windows installer .exe?

I've made several windows installers for QSynth releases using NSIS, including
FluidSynth and other dependencies. Here is the source code:
http://qsynth.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/qsynth/trunk/win32/setup.nsi

NSIS: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

I like the fact that it is an open source installer. At a glance from that .nsi file it expects dependencies like Jack and FluidSynth to be installed separately? I noticed in particular that your home directory is hard coded into FLUIDSYNTHDIR. I wonder how FluidSynth should be distributed, whether it should include all dependencies as libs that just get installed in it's application directory or not. It seems the most straight forward to just bundle the dependencies with it (at least glib and libsndfile). But I could see it using an externally installed Jackdmp.

This utility (Dependency Walker) may be handy to verify or diagnose dependency
problems: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Regards,
Pedro

Regards,