Re: [fluid-dev] Building fluidsynth 1.1.5 on MacOS Lion

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Building fluidsynth 1.1.5 on MacOS Lion
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:09:29 -0400

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:45 AM, Jason Vasquez wrote:

Hello all,

I just built fluidsynth 1.1.5 for the first time on MacOS Lion, and
thought I'd pass this along. I had to make a couple changes from the
build process I used previously for 1.1.3 on Snow Leopard, so I'm not
100% positive as to which things may be different between 1.1.3 and
1.1.5, and what things may be affected by MacOS 10.6 vs. 10.7.

1.  Update src/drivers/fluid_coreaudio.c:
      The include should be for #include <CoreAudio/CoreAudio.h>, not
#include <CoreAudio/CoreAudioTypes.h>

2. Add an additional framework to link against:
      Previously, my LDFLAGS looked like:
        LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -arch i386 -framework CoreAudio
-framework CoreMidi"
      Now, I need to add the AudioUnit framework:
        LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -arch i386 -framework CoreAudio
-framework CoreMidi -framework AudioUnit"

These weren't too tough to track down, but I wanted to document it
here in case anyone else was having similar issues.

Best of luck,
Jason

Hello Jason

Many thanks for the advice. Yeah, as the OS gets updated it is very likely that the underlying frameworks are modified.

Feel free to edit the README-OSX file for the next release.

Best wishes,
Ebrahim