Re: [fluid-dev] Sustain long fadeout a property of the synth or the font

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sustain long fadeout a property of the synth or the font?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:18:26 +0100

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 06:12:12PM +1100, Matt Giuca wrote:
> Or perhaps you mean there's no built-in way to do that (in the MIDI spec),
> but that I could find an unused controller and edit the FluidSynth code to
> make it extend the decay?

Yes, just pick something that isn't magic like sustain. You don't need
to change the code that way; you can do it in the soundfont.

(In swami: select the preset, hit 'new' on the modulators tab, pick a
suitable source CC and set the destination to (I think) volume
envelope/decay and set the amount to something plausible. Units are
seconds.)

I'm not really sure if this works, or if it generates the effect you
want. But there should be some configuration that gets close.