Re: [fluid-dev] Problem in fluidsynth (Ubuntu 11.10) still in Ubuntu 12.

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Problem in fluidsynth (Ubuntu 11.10) still in Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 15:47:32 +0200

On 04/28/2012 06:40 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
All:

Months ago, I discovered a problem with fluidsynth where voices for new
notes would fail to play because (my guess) older notes which had faded
to inaudible status were still playing.

I worked with David Henningson on this problem, and he made a fix for it
available (in a PPA).

This fixed the problem in Ubuntu 11.10, and I assumed it would be fixed
in the next release of Ubuntu (12.04).

Unfortunately, the problem (or a similar, new problem) is in the version
of fluidsynth in Ubuntu 12.04.

The bug is still present in Ubuntu 12.04.

This mainly due to lack of time/priority/thought from my part.

There has not been a release of FluidSynth lately, so there is no upstream release that could have flown the "natural" way through Debian to Ubuntu.

And, nobody has tried to backport the actual commit (as a bug fix) to Debian or Ubuntu.

For Ubuntu 12.04, this fix should be SRUable, if somebody just sits down and does the paperwork: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

I guess we could also release a version 1.1.6 of FluidSynth with the current tree in it, if we like.

// David