Re: [fluid-dev] Problem in fluidsynth (Ubuntu 11.10) still in Ubuntu 12.

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Problem in fluidsynth (Ubuntu 11.10) still in Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:33:27 -0600

David:

Please do  make a bug-fix release, so this problem is at least fixed in Ubuntu 12.10.

Also, if you do this, will it also fix qsynth?  The qsynth package is what I actually installed - I do not use fluidsynth directly.

Fixing it in 12.10 will still be useful to me, since I am recommending Lubuntu for people with less capable machines, and for Lubuntu, 12.04 is not a LTS release.

I will initiate the bug-reporting process, but I have to do it on a machine that does not yet have the patch (only one of my partitions of one of my machines is still in the crippled state - it's Ubuntu (Unity Desktop)).

I assume I need to do it on such a machine, since information on installed components is gathered.  Also, I'll have to report it for qsynth rather than fluidsynth, since that is what I have installed.  So the command for reporting the bug will be:

ubuntu-bug qsynth

Thanks,
Aere