Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and glib

From: Ryan Gonzalez
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and glib
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:47:44 -0600

glib isn't actually that huge, and Fluidsynth puts it to good use. Cross-platform threading is hard. I'm writing an application that depends on Fluidsynth, and it wasn't really a program.

The synthesizer indirectly uses gthreads a lot, so I don't think it would be easy to remove. But, do older glib versions not work? They might!

You could also try https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/ .

I'm not overly familiar with the Fluid code base, though, so I may be wrong.