Re: [fluid-dev] Disable network at compile time.

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Disable network at compile time.
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 13:54:43 +0100

Please use permalinks.

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/1629f9f9976be6e990994489acceb622bd7386da/src/fluidsynth.c#L693
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/1629f9f9976be6e990994489acceb622bd7386da/src/fluidsynth.c#L738

I think all those #ifdef MACINTOSH or DARWIN macros can be cleaned up once the
dummy implementation for new_fluid_server() has been implemented.

> for some unknown reason (bug?), those network resources are not release also
> on WIN32.
> So, I tried to remove WIN32 from that #ifdef.
> Result: crash on quit.

Good spot. This issue should be addressed first. I think it should be
sufficient to add the fluid_thread_join() call to this line:

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/1629f9f9976be6e990994489acceb622bd7386da/src/utils/fluid_sys.c#L1160

> https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/master/src/fluidsynth.c#L742
>
> there is a call to join, but it seems to me it is expected to work for a
> different purpose that I cannot understand very well, actually FluidSynth
> never exits when "-i" and "-s" options are both specified and I have to kill
> it with the TaskManager.

I dont see how fluid_server_join() is supposed to work in this context. It does
not set _fluid_server_socket_t::cont to 0, thus the server thread will never
exit. I think it can be safely removed from fluidsynth.c

Tom