Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 08:37:51 +0200

One of the default modulators required by the SF2 spec is the "MIDI
Note-On Velocity to Filter Cutoff", cf. section 8.4.2. Implementation
details of this particular modulator are not quite consistent in the
specs. That's why fluidsynth does not implement this modulator. If
however fluidsynth had implemented this modulator (according to 2.01
spec), the modulator listed by your instrument would cancel this
modulator entirely. But as it's not implemented, it's safe to remove
it.

However I cant explain the volume spikes. Perhaps jjc can help out.

Also I just noticed we already have a CC2 modulator implemented in
fluidsynth. You simply need to 'setbreathmode' via the shell to
activate it, cf. section 3.4.5:

https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/raw/master/doc/polymono/FluidPolyMono-0004.pdf

Tom