Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] My latest project - with FS2.0.0 !
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 20:16:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

> I'd forgotten all about the setbreathmode. I might try that with the original un-CC2'd soundfont.

To get a quick try it is probably the easiest way instead of edit soundfont. Then adding CC breath modulator in sounfont can be done later.

As explained in FluidPolyMono-0004.pdf section 3.4.5, setbreathmode command allows to set a cc Breath modulator to REPLACE the default "velocity to initial Attenuation" modulator for a channel.

It is useful when there is no CC breath to initial Attenuation in the SoundFont and the musician don't want to edit the Soundfont. Note that if a CC breath to initial Attenuation exits in the soundfont it supersedes the default modulator added by setbreathmode.

>setbreathmode 2  0  1  0 #cc Breath modulator to REPLACE the default "velocity to initial Attenuation" modulator for channel 2 (assumed played in monophonic mode)

>breathmode 2 # to verify your setting.

Important: when setbreathmode is not used and the musician want to add solely a "CC breath to initial Attenuation" modulator in soundfont, without cancelling the default "velocity to initial Attenuation" modulator. In this case, "velocity to initial Attenuation" modulator is still in effect and if the velocity of the received note is too low then the sound will be alway quiet even if the received CC breath value is high.

1) Normally, if the ewi controller puts the breath value in the velocity field before sending noteon messages this problem is fixed.

2) Also, the ewi controller could send a constant velocity value (above 0 , of course) to fix this problem.

Case (1) should be the typical default behaviour for any ewi. Also, case (1) and/or (2) can be often configured in most ewi setup.

jjc