Re: [fluid-dev] Calls to fluid_log()

From: Carlo Bramini
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Calls to fluid_log()
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 19:32:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

> The question how to clean this up somewhat depends on fluid_synth_error().
> This function returns the global buffer used by fluid_log and is therefore
> not thread safe. One could try to make it thread safe (perhaps with some
> fancy macro hack, havent come up with a proper solution though) or deprecate
> fluid_synth_error(), remove FLUID_LOG and call it directly.

In my opinion, it won't be a bad idea to keep the FLUID_LOG macro everywhere,
because it allows to remove the log messages from the sources quite easily. The
user can decide to use an empty macro or an option can be added to cmake, with
something like an ENABLE_LOGGING macro inside config.h, in a similar manner it
has been already done for profiling.

I also agree that fluid_synth_error() may be deprecated.

Sincerely.