Re: [fluid-dev] Calls to fluid_log()

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Calls to fluid_log()
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:37:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> if someone will like the idea to cut the size without affecting the the quality of the sound rendering (like me),....

I like this idea too for future fanless embedded projects in mind (with high memory constraints).

In this regard, i hope this should be a good new. It seems it should be possible to reduce also the RAM size consumption by 588000 bytes (this is actually the maximum size of chorus's lfo table ).

This table (https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/7517c175240b31dd4470376575d9b4ac7cd2fba4/src/rvoice/fluid_chorus.c#L130) could be completelly removed and replaced by lfo wave fast computed on the fly (of course at the slight expense of cpu cycles (i hope)). I could propose a PR to address this "RAM size reduction" later (perhaps with further improvements (i.e stereo chorus)).

Cheers.

jjc