Re: [fluid-dev] Building in such a way as to suppress log messages?

From: James Thistlewood
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Building in such a way as to suppress log messages?
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:21:55 +0100

Hi Tom,

thanks for your detailed and helpful response.

I know full well that log messages are there for a reason. My problem isn't just that I want to suppress log
messages to stdout - it's that I need to (in release builds, at least). My programme uses curses, so if
anything gets sent to stdout other than that which curses sends, it breaks the whole display.

I wasn't aware that a minor change (i.e. literally just one character) would be enough to constitute license
violation in practice (although yes, I suppose in principle it is). I do apologise; I normally try to be very
careful to respect license terms.

Anyway, I will now build with SDL support turned off and use fluid_set_log_function to suppress log messages.

Thanks again for your help (and for creating this remarkable piece of software).

James

email: jamesthistlewood@gmail.com
web: jamesthistlewood.co.uk
github: @jthistle