Re: [fluid-dev] Android app questions and issues

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android app questions and issues
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:25:24 +0100

> how could it work on Samsung A50 phone with Api-28 (Android 9) ?

Apparently, this particular function in6addr_any is already available
in API 28. Which is why it works in this particular case.

> And what should I set as minimum target version for the app ?

The minimum target version should be set to the highest API version
that *any* of your components require. I.e. if your java app requires
API23 while it uses fluidsynth (which was built against API29), your
minimum target version would be API29. Anything below API29 cannot be
safely used.

> If, for example I will set it to Api-27 (Android 8.1. Oreo) , will it work?

Maybe it does, maybe not.

Also note, that there is no specific need for fluidsynth to require at
least API29. It's just that our CI system was configured to build
against API29, because it just worked fine.

Tom