[fluid-dev] pausing the sequencer

From: Jeroen Neve
Subject: [fluid-dev] pausing the sequencer
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:03:09 +0000

Hello all,

I am new to the FluidSynth API, perhaps I just overlooked the option, but…

Is there a method to pause the sequencer?

Use-case scenario:

I want to feed the sequencer Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto to render to file.

I don’t know how long it will take to queue up all the events.

Can I pause the sequencer, send all the required messages, and then restart it so there won’t be a “buffer underrun” where the sequencer overtakes the main application.

Or is there another mechanism to prevent this?

Regards,
Jeroen Neve