Re: [fluid-dev] pausing the sequencer

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] pausing the sequencer
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:53:50 +0100

Sry, I haven't understood the use-case you described. I could answer
your question with "no", but this wouldn't help you, so let's try to
shed some light:

> I want to feed the sequencer Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto to render to file.

Are you coming from a live concerto performance or are you working
with MIDI files?

> I don’t know how long it will take to queue up all the events.

Why do you want/need to know that?

> so there won’t be a “buffer underrun” where the sequencer overtakes the main
> application

What do you mean by "buffer underrun"? When rendering to file, there
will be no underrun. What do you mean by "the sequencer overtakes the
main application"?

Tom