[fluid-dev] Compiling FluidSynth for Android

From: Omar Itani
Subject: [fluid-dev] Compiling FluidSynth for Android
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 19:15:24 +0200

Hey everyone,

Hope you are doing well,
I am trying to build FluidSynth for Android using the scripts ( fluid-android-prepare.sh and fluid-android-compile.sh ) provided in the wiki,
But I keep running into this when compiling gettext library (not related to the bug below api 28):
"error: cannot find -lgettextlib
libtool:   error: error: relink 'libgettextsrc.la' with the above command before installing it"

Libiconv-1.14 doesn't find the compiler from --host=${TARGET}, so I'm using 1.16 instead.
I get this error no matter the architecture I try to compile for. I also updated the scripts to use the newer ndk and still getting the same error.

I am compiling from a Ubuntu VM (Virtual Box).

Please find attached the scripts I use and the config.log from gettext.

Thanks,
Omar Itani