gcc bug with static members of class templates?

From: Julian Cummings
Subject: gcc bug with static members of class templates?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:07:13 -0700

Hi All,

This is mainly directed at Jeffrey, since I know he has
access to the latest and greatest gcc.  Compiling with
gcc 2.95.2 on an HP in debug mode, I get a compile
error from array_test22.  The loader complains that

TensorEngine<2, double, Antisymmetric>::Zero(data)

is an unsatisfied symbol.  It doesn't pick up on the
assignment of the static data member Zero to 0.0
in Tensor.h.  Is this just a bug in gcc?  I checked that
this test is A-OK with the SGI compiler.

Regards, Julian C.

--
Dr. Julian C. Cummings                       E-mail: address@hidden
California Institute of Technology           Phone:  626-395-2543