Re: [pooma-dev] Re: Compilers

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Re: Compilers
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:16:20 +0200

Jeffrey D. Oldham wrote:
Richard Guenther wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Jeffrey D. Oldham wrote:

Richard Guenther wrote:

-POOMA version 2.4.0 has been ported to the following platforms and
+POOMA version 2.4.1 has been tested on the following platforms and
compilers; please find the instructions for your platform within this
document and follow the steps.

-    o SGI IRIX 6.X, with the Kuck and Associates KCC compiler
-      (v3.3d or later, including 3.4x)
-    o SGI IRIX 6.X, with the GCC compiler
-      (v2.95 or greater)
-    o SGI IRIX 6.X, with SGI C++ 7.3 or later compiler
-      (without patch 3659!)
-    o Linux, with the Kuck and Associates KCC compiler
-      (v3.3d or later, including 3.4x)
    o Linux, with the GCC compiler
-      (v2.95 or greater)
+      (v3.3 or greater)
    o Linux, with the Intel icpc compiler
-      (v6.0 or greater)
+      (v7.2 or greater)

Ok, I just checked which additional compilers/architectures I can test on
and unfortunately the SGI and HP machines I had access to were shut down
recently (they were old anyways).  So the ones above are the only ones
I can test on.  Does anyone here have access to machines with the
SGI or the HP compilers?  Does it even matter?  What about NAG and PGI?
It would be interesting for those who support it to check OpenMP support.

Before a release I will test with gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4 on ia32 and with
Intel on ia64 including OpenMP.  I'll also do one round of testing with
MPI and Cheetah using gcc-3.4 on ia32.
I do not think SGI or HP matter right now. We should definitely check OpenMP. I can check gcc 3.3.4 and 3.4 on ia32 with Cheetah and MM.

Ok.

Have all outstanding patches been checked in?

I don't know yet - I think I submitted all patches I can remember but still want to go through a diff of two of my local repositories to current CVS. That may take another week or so.

Richard.

Are we ready to start testing Pooma and Cheetah? (Cheetah has a set of tests to check. See the Cheetah CVS repository.)