[FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel

From: Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek
Subject: [FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:45:43 +0200

Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:

Curt Hibbs wrote:

I have just approved your subscription to the FreeRIDE developers mailing list. It is a tradition on this ML for new comers to introduce themselves so that we know each other better. Would you mind doing so for your first email to FR-devel?

It's probably a good idea.
I am 22 years old and live in Prague, Czech Republic (thats in Central Europe). I'm using computers quite a while (my first computer was 8-bit ;-) but I was never motivaded enough to write any large program (but I wrote several programs that can do something relatively useful). I'm currently running Linux most of the time. Unfortunately there are still things I cant do under Linux, but there is fortunately Vim for Windows ;-) In the past I was using a clone of the thing Spectums have in their ROM, DOS, and all flavors of Windows except 2.x and XP. I tried to install HURD on my computer but there is still some tweaking needed before it becomes a usable system. I tried ruby because it promised to make programming easier and faster. I think it really does. I currently use Vim as the (almost) all-purpose all-plaform IDE and editor. I like the fact that I can use vi even if it is running on a computer to which I connect through five intermediate systems each running a different flavours of unix. Most other editors are useless in this case as terminal settings and X forwarding get usually screwed up along the way. But vim certainly still lacks some features like code completion. This is why I am interested in FreeRIDE. I hope I will be able to test some development version of the IDE soon or even write some code.

To complete the introduction I should mention I like fantasy and sci-fi literature and I'm interested in any sort of cutting edge (pseudo-)science (which I do not neccessarily always understand). But that is probably of little interest.

If you dont understand what I'm writing it's probably because it is quite long since I took my last English courses ;-)

Michal (hramrach) Suchanek